Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I will master this, I will


Well, I tried to make Croissants yesterday. The recipe I had was an 8-hour process.  The author of the recipe I used didn't specify rising times (5 of them!!) so I just had to guess.  The end result was not worth the 8 hours.  I went looking for another recipe that does specify rising times, the last one being up to 2 1/2 hours.  At various times, it gives you the option of letting them rise in the fridge overnight. 

I will try again!!  I *will* master this. Flambo!!

When I lived in the Baltimore Area, Jake's Bagel Bakery was the place to get Sun Dried Tomato Bagels. Oh, Honey, Me!  Nice texture with big chunks of tomato in them...nice memory for this Flambo foodie.

You can't get them where I live now, so I also want to master Sundried Tomato Bagels.  Recipes on the 'net are few, having found only 2, but they are a good starting point to work with. I tried to make them a few years ago, and they just weren't really that good.  I will try again! Flambo!!

Seeing the picture I used, I decided that I also want to master the Hot Pretzel.

No comments:

Post a Comment