Thursday, April 1, 2010

Attempt 1: Sundried Tomato Bagels

Oh, Honey, Me! Sundried Tomato Bagels taste better than I remembered them from Jake’s Bagel Bakery back home in Perry Hall, Maryland.

Oh, they smelled so wonderful as I mixed the dough, shaped them, let them rise.  Then as soon as they hit the water, 6 out of 8 fell. So I have pretty flat bagels.  Oh, but do they ever taste good.

cat and sundried tomato bagels 006

I think the flour I used, White Lily, was too light. It is a lighter, fluffier flour than any other brand I’ve come across.   Next time, I will use just some old, white dump and see what happens.

I wanted to use sundried tomatoes in a bag, but Wal Mart just didn’t have them.  A nice young man who worked there found me a jar packed in oil and they worked out well.

I need to change some things that I did before I post this recipe. I am determined to perfect these!  I WILL try again!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment