Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Italian Beef

I was tired of plain old pot roast, so I got my Flambo on and tried something new.  Altered the original recipe, of course.


Italian Beef
1 chuck roast @ 3 lbs or more
1 sweet onion, chopped
3 cups water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
tsp basil
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 package dry Good Seasons Italian dressing mix

Place roast in a 6-qt slow cooker. Top with onion.  Combine remaining ingredients, and pour over roast.  Cook on low for 8-10 hours. (Since I got a late start, I cooked on high for 6 hours) Remove meat from pot, cool if you have time. (If you wish to make the macaroni with juices recipe below, remove about 1 1/4 cups of the juices left in the slow cooker).  I shredded the meat using two forks so I wouldn't burn myself (gotta keep my momma happy), then I returned the shreddd meat to the slow cooker, mixing with the juices and left it there, on low, until the rest of my dinner was ready.

I removed about 1 1/4 cup of the juices from the slow cooker and poured it into an 8-inch square pan, added probably about 4 cups cooked macaroni, stirring to mix well, topped with Parmesean Cheese and baked at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.

This meal went over well with my ganglings and I will make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment