Thursday, March 18, 2010

Zesty Red Potatoes and Onions

I made this for breakfast this morning. Trust me, it is not low cal, low fat.  It it potatoes baked with olive oil, (tho the olive oil is good for you).  It went over well with the ganglings, especially Patrick, who I found standing next to the stove picking at the leftovers, claiming,"I'm standing next to the stove to get warm, mom..."  *;-.)   I think that next time, I will use a stronger flavored onion, like a red or white, as I used a sweet onion this morning. 


Zesty Red Potatoes

6 medium red potatoes, halved and thinly sliced
1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I eyeballed it)
Sea Salt to taste
Freshly Ground Mulit-colored Peppercorns to taste

Oven 400 degrees
In a large oblong baking dish combine potatoes, onions, and mix together with olive oil, coating well. Add salt and Ground pepper, again, mixing well. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.  It served my 5 ganglings for breakfast, 1 of whom is a 15 year old boy.  I need to make more next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment