Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pepperoni Potatoes

 I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine a few years ago and my family just loved this, often making it for breakfast. If you like texture, this will be quite satisfying with the red bell peppers and corn niblets.

I think I am going to try using Olive oil instead of the butter next time, and I will always use more seasonings!  Flambo!!

pepperoni potatoes 001

Pepperoni Potatoes

3 tbl. Butter
2 tbl. Flour
2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
½ tsp dried thyme (I prefer more)
¼ tsp dried basil (I prefer more)
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 28-32 oz. bag frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed (cubed)
¼ c. chopped sweet red pepper
1 can corn, drained
Mozzarella cheese, shredded, to taste
27 slices pepperoni, quartturkey pepperoniered (more or less. we of course use this:

 

 

In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in the seasonings.

In a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish, layer the potatoes, red pepper and corn. Top with the white sauce, mozzarella cheese to taste and pepperoni. Bake, uncovered at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment