Saturday, May 8, 2010

Pea Salad

During my husband’s illness with Oligodendroglioma (which is a type of brain tumor that takes prisoners, but leaves no survivors--as of 5 years ago), I became a regular in the cafeteria at UAMS in Little Rock.  The salad bar offered this wonderful Pea Salad on a regular basis.  My mom and I loved it, so I tried to figure out what was in it and this is what I came up with. 

pea salad 002

Pea Salad

1 16-0z bag frozen Petite peas, thawed (do not cook)
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, sliced in half forming half circles
1/3 cup Kraft Mayonnaise (more or less, to your taste)
1 tsp dill weed (more or less, to your taste)
salt and pepper to taste

In a medium sized pink mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, and, using your favorite pink spatula, mix well.  Chill for an hour or so for flavors to combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment