Sunday, February 28, 2010

Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup from a Favorite Site

One of my favorite recipe sites is All recipes. com.  I go here for something new.  allrecipes.com/

Once upon a time I headed up a women's group called The Flamboyant Gourmets, with our purpose being to try new things on each other before we tried them on our families. We usually had a theme; something new, something tried and true, Mexican, slow cooker...you get the picture.  One day I was searching for something new to take and found Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup.  I LOVE Red Peppers!
I got my Flambo on, put my red peppers in the broiler, watched with eager anticipation and burned my hand terribly turning them. I have a tendency to reach into hot places without an oven mitt (much to my mother's chagrin), and blackened my hand rather than the pepper skins. 

 Note to the world
  • This recipe works best if you don't broil yourself along with the peppers. 
  • *Use* your extra-long oven mitts that your mother bought for you
  • Pull out the rack before you turn the peppers. 
  • Stay away from the broiler unit.
  • Get your Flambo on-try something new
  • No Fear

Roasted Red Pepper andTomato Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment